Founded in 2003, Trusted Reviews exists to give our readers thorough, unbiased and independent advice on what to buy.
Trusted Reviews is a UK-based technology website that provides reviews, news, and analysis on a wide range of consumer technology products, including smartphones, wearables, laptops, tablets, TV & audio and home appliances to a global audience.
The website was founded in 2003 by a team of technology enthusiasts who wanted to provide consumers with independent, expert reviews of the latest technology products. Trusted Reviews was one of the first online only publications.
Over the years, Trusted Reviews has become one of the most respected technology review websites in the UK, known for its in-depth testing, rigorous review process, and unbiased reporting.
Trusted Reviews has two testing facilities in the UK, with expansion into the US planned in 2023.
- Our London testing facilities and head office can be found at 44 Copperfield Street, London, SE1 0DY
- We have further testing facilities in Ongar, Essex
Table of contents
- Who owns Trusted Reviews
- Our mission and values
- How to contact us
- Advertise with us
- Our editorial independence and how we test
- Our expert team
- Our policies
- Other writers
Proud to be nominated for a number of publishing industry awards in the last few years:
- Shortlisted for Best Editorial Team by the PPA in 2018
- Best Online Media Property by the AOP in 2018
- Best Online Brand by the AOP in 2022
Campaigns Best places to work 2022
Trusted Reviews has also been widely featured in some of the largest publications on the web:
Who owns Trusted Reviews
Trusted Reviews is an independent Private Limited Company (Reg:12539953) registered under the company name TrustedReviews Limited in the UK.
The company has been through various changes in ownership, with the history of ownership being as follows:
- 2003-2007: Privately owned by the founders
- 2007-2017 Sold and owned by Time Inc , during this time Trusted Reviews was a regular contributor to Time Magazine
- 2017-2018: Meredith acquired Time Inc and in association, Trusted Reviews
- 2018-2020: Epiris acquired Time Inc UK division and rebrands to TI Media , and in association, Trusted Reviews
- 2020-present: Due to a ruling by the CMA , Trustedreviews.com becomes a Private Limited Company
Our mission and values
Trusted Reviews’ mission is to provide independent buying advice for consumers. If you want to see more about how we create our content please see our ethics policy.
To create the best content we rely on 5 values:
- Honesty and Integrity: Integrity is the foundation of everything we do. In every part of our business we are committed to operating honestly, ethically and transparently; even when no one is watching.
- Readers are our heart and soul: We are committed to always putting our users first. We want to make sure they make the right purchase every time and we are committed to doing hard work so they don’t have to.
- We do things better: We will never stop striving to improve and create better content, with better testing and better values as a business.
- Global warming isn’t a debate: We only have one planet and we’re committed to helping protect it In every part of our business. We will factor the sustainability of the company and product in our coverage wherever possible.
- Everyone is equal and welcome: TrustedReviews Limited is committed to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer. We hire, develop and retain the best people regardless of their social background, age, sex, ethnicity, religion/belief or disability. As a business we are committed to create a work environment where we treat everyone fairly and with the respect and dignity they deserve.
How to contact us
You can also find ways to contact each team member below or through their author bio on each article.
Advertise with us
For general advertising and brand partnership opportunities, please contact
All logos and editorial content on https://www.trustedreviews.com/ and any of its affiliate sites are trademark and copyright protected. All commercial use requires the express written consent of Trusted Reviews. You can see more at our licensing terms and conditions page .
Our editorial independence and how we test
- We operate under cast-iron principles designed to guarantee the freedom of our reviewers to express what they discover about a product.
- Unlike many other sites, we thoroughly test everything ourselves. We use industry standard tests, in properly equipped facilities, to evaluate products in order to compare them properly against each other.
- Manufacturers don’t vet our reviews and we never accept money to test items.
- Read about our editorial ethics
- Read more about how we test and rate products
Our expert team
The Trusted Reviews team is composed of highly accomplished technology experts in the United Kingdom. Our reviewers are comprised of seasoned journalists, who boast a wealth of experience in a wide range of areas, including mobile devices, computing, gaming, audio-visual technology, photography, and homes.
Max Parker, Editor
Max is the Editor of Trusted Reviews and has been a mobile phone and technology specialist for over nine years. Max started his career at T3 straight after graduating from Kingston University.
Max has written for other sites such as T3’s sister publication, Tech Radar. After joining Trusted Reviews in 2015 Max’s hard work and dedication meant that he has deservedly climbed the ladder, starting as a Features Writer, moving to Features Editor, then Mobile Editor, then Managing Editor, then Deputy Editor to, now Editor. Given Max’s passion for mobile phones, he is still active in our site’s mobile phone section.
Ryan Jones, Deputy Editor Reviews
Ryan is one of Trusted Reviews’ Deputy Editors. With 6 years experience, he’s a master benchmarker and an expert on laptops, components, games and more.
Ryan started his career as a staff writer at Stuff before jumping over to Trusted Reviews as computing writer in 2018. Eager to review every product he could get his hands on he quickly rose the ranks to become deputy computing editor and then computing and gaming editor in 2020. In 2022 he became Deputy Editor, with a focus on reviews.
Before becoming a journalist Ryan studied Creative & Professional Writing at Bangor University, before going on to do a Masters in magazine journalism at Cardiff University.
Thomas Deehan, Deputy Editor Commercial
After graduating with an MA in History from University College London and cutting his teeth for several years as a journalist in the film and TV industries, Tom joined the Trusted Reviews team as a Commercial Content Writer in 2018.
Since then, he has expanded his skillset with a wide-ranging portfolio of reviews, testing the latest wearables, games, cameras, headphones and more. Outside of review content, Tom contributes regular opinion pieces and consumer-driven articles designed to help buyers make the right decision on their next big purchase.
Kob Monney, Section Editor – TV & Audio
Kob Monney is Trusted Reviews’ TV and Audio Editor. With over a decade of experience, he’s our resident expert on TVs, speakers and everything in between.
Starting as a stock manager at What Hi-Fi in 2012 he was quickly promoted to the Buyer’s Advice Editor, before eventually jumping ship to join Trusted in his current role in 2018. He’s a key team member who helped design our London TV and audio labs and create our ever-evolving test procedures.
Prior to becoming a journalist he studied English and Film at the University of East Anglia.
David Ludlow, Section Editor – Homes
David Ludlow is Trusted Reviews’ Homes Editor. With over two decades experience covering the consumer tech industry, he’s one of Trusted’s most experienced journalists.
He joined the team in 2016, coming over from Expert Reviews, which he launched as editor in 2010. Prior to that he worked at Networking Magazine, Computer Active and Computer Shopper where he honed his skills as a reviewer.
With a 1st class computer science degree from the University of Kent he’s helped Trusted create a number of custom testing procedures and designed our current white goods lab in London.
Lewis Painter, Section Editor – Mobile
Lewis is the Mobile Editor of Trusted Reviews with plenty of phone experience, from the Nokia 3210 to the iPhone 14 Pro Max. He has been in the tech industry writing about phones, headphones, tablets, watches, VR and just about any other bit of tech you could think of since 2015, with a particular interest in new and exciting smartphone tech.
Hannah Davies, Senior Staff Writer
Hannah is Senior Staff Writer at Trusted Reviews. She’s been part of the team for three years having joined in 2019 as Staff Writer.
Since joining the team she’s covered numerous industry events and launches, including CES and MWC and reviewed everything from affordable TVs to top-of-the-line phones and speakers. In the past year, she’s begun specialising in cameras, leveraging her personal passion for photography.
Originally from Cheshire, she studied English at Royal Holloway, University of London, where she graduated with a first class degree.
Gemma Ryles, Staff Writer
Gemma is Trusted Reviews’ Staff Writer. With over a year’s experience she’s reviewed everything from shockingly bad “wearable soundbars” to cutting-edge laptops and triple-A games.
With a keen eye for detail, she started Trusted Reviews straight after graduating from Leeds Beckett University with a degree in journalism where she learnt shorthand, journalism law, how to create video and radio news packages and photojournalism.
Gemma interned with The Yorkshire Evening Post and did a shift with the BBC during the 2019 General Election during her degree, building her expertise in original and live event reporting.
Chris Dicker , Managing Director
Chris Walsh , Commercial Director
Eamon Looney , Head of Audience and Product
Luke Palmer , Head of Technology
Alper Cagatay , Video Producer
Liahna Harvey-May , Senior Account Manager
Martha Stanley , Social Account Manager
Yusef Mirza , Senior Affiliate Partnership Manager
William Branscombe, Editorial Assistant
Rhys Bolt , Graduate Management Trainee
Nick Rayner , Graduate Management Trainee
Trusted Reviews recognises that privacy is a key concern for our readers. We provide a number of ways for you to control the data you provide to our advertisers.
Editorial independence and ethics policy
Trusted Reviews operates under clear principles designed to protect our editorial integrity and to preserve the freedom of our reviewers to say what they think about a product.
Terms and conditions
We ask you to read our terms and conditions before using any part of our site.
Third-party advertising policy
Trusted Reviews requires our third-party advertisers to adhere to the following guidelines:
Labelling of commercial content policy
In order to ensure there’s no confusion between editorial and advertising, Trusted Reviews labels paid-for content clearly.
Modern Slavery Act policy
This statement is made on behalf of Trusted Reviews’s leadership team with regards to the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
IPSO Editors’ Code of Practice
The Editors’ Code of Practice sets out the rules that newspapers and magazines regulated by IPSO have agreed to follow. TrustedReviews adheres to the IPSO Code.